Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Good mornin'!

it's 6:30am and i've been up for an hour (which is very unusual for me)   anyways, thought i'd drop another entry and say hello again   now if i could only awaken this early every mornin nowadays    i remember the  days i could on a regular basis, but then again that was a dozen years ago before my crazy days  early morning was my favorite time of the day    maybe if i don't eat dinner as i did last nite i could rise with the sunshine   it was 8:30pm when i got home from work last nite  and looking at the dozen boxes filled with packages at work, i'd say it'll be late every nite this week   these boxes full of pkgs are about 4' deep and 6' sq ft big or more   but this is normal for this time a year    and the funny thing is, usually mail lightens up as the packages come in, but not this year   we are just as buried in mail volume as we have been all fall    fall is our heaviest leading into christmas because of catalogs and business mailings   i haven't seen it this busy like this in a few years   that indicates it's a prosperous year for most everyone   ...anyways, it'll be great once we're finished Christmas Eve   then the load is off and no stress for a couple days this year    makes me happy....

well, i've been contemplating this year, this entire year, for a bit   it's been a bit horrendous for me, but i've survived it    most of the year i've been facing my blues   i reflected that i cut back my work hours in hopes to experience my blues less   i've given up money and created a mess of my finances in order to not be blue so often   well i've realized despite less hours and less money and all that, i struggle regardless   i struggle when i work   i struggle when i don't work   SO, i'm going back to work my 60hr work weeks   at least i'll be a little bit happier with not only my finances, but my motivation in life   yes it's enoyable and easier to deal with my blues working less hours, But,   i feel more fulfilled putting in my time at work than doing less   i'm a lot happier   i have at least some control over my life (my blues do dictate my life) and Life in general is so much better    so what am i going to do when i retire?  eventually get a job, but also become a fulltime student i think    i love being a student and i might as well do it   besides i recognized that this year alone i've read about a dozen books   i'm constantly reading and learning something   so i'll be a preppy and have a hell of a good time   i will also take as many vacations as i can afford once retired and do some backpacking and camping in the national parks ...so there's plenty to do, but right now my job fulfills me

in the meantime, i'm about to head to my least favorite store, Walmart, and get some drano   of course, it should be empty of people at this hour   this store has some awesome bargains, but there's alwyas too many people so i go only when necessary   i must keep the house clean for prospective buyers   speaking of which, i did have an offer, but it was an investor just trying to get it as cheap as possible   we turned him down   i may have another offer on the table at the moment and will know in a couple days...

o yes, before i forget, my son Kyle is doing fine   he's living with friends and working and still trying to go active duty   at least he's calmed down about going to Iraq   he's not so anxious to go there anymore, thank God    he comes over and hangs out with me from time to time   last nite he called and said he'd let me know about Charlie   i asked him what was he talking about?   he wants to takeCharlie   his roomie loves Charlie, but everyone loves Charlie   but also when i woke this morning, i remembered they will have a very hard time finding an apartment to have Charlie   i already have because most complexes are breed restricted and pitt bulls are included on that   we'll see what happens   i have to think about it some more    the guys would be good for charlie, but....i'd be worried about charlie getting loose and ending up in the pound....   anyways, that's about the news for now    Life is good no matter how bleak it seems at times    it's nice to be back online....i'll cya soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've really come a long way this year and really seem to have everything in perspective. Good for you! Now you can start the new year fresh and new with brightness & light. Glad to hear Kyle is doing well. My friend has been move to Kuait (spl) and her next stop is Iraq. It's stressful knowing people you love & care about c/b in harms way. They sure are courageous. Happy Holidays to you, Kyle and your fuzzies! ~ L