Friday, February 9, 2007

friday night

it's friday evening actually, headed into the nite within a half hour    i sit waiting for her to come online   i sit debating whether to meet her for coffee anyways tomorrow at noon   it's not that i don't want to meet her, it's just this damn cold of mine is still lingering    although i've gotten better, little by little, over the past few days, still i'd like to be totally fresh for our first date    i did send her an email requesting we postpone for at least a few more days, but she hasn't read it    so i wonder and wait    maybe she isn't working 12hrs today   it's friday   who does that on a friday nite?    anyhows, i'll wait a little bit longer before retiring to the couch with a book, or head over to see Babel tonite    both sound deliciously enticing    it'll pass the time until i know whether to show up for coffee or not...now who is she you might ask    someone i chatted online for a year or longer, until last year    this woman chased me endlessly but i wouldn't relent for different reasons at the time    so she stopped chatting with me about a year ago now   i've thought of her at times wondering how she is doing, even as recently a few weeks ago    and lo & behold she catches me online recently to my surprise   just out of nowhere, out of the blue   so now i'll meet her    why?   the timing is right for me    i haven't been looking for anyone for at least a couple years, if not longer    i haven't put myself out there   i've been content   actually more than content   just damn happy by myself     so now i feel my doors have been opened and here she comes along     i look forward to meeting her    i can handle whatever does or does not happen   as time unfolds, i will see...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always woory when people keep chasing after I say no...sometimes I wonder if they are going to be clingy ya know..
You will met the right person when its right...
Love
Donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

    Good luck! Whatever you decided to do, I hope it works out really well for you.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

I'll be waiting to see how it goes...sounds like another good story. you know I love your adventure tales.
Marti