Thursday, November 3, 2005

late nite...

it's 8:45pm and i just got home from work-UGH!!!   i went in late, but that wasn't the problem, or was it?   no, it was usual mismanagement of the mail   i fellow co-worker picked up half a route at 5:30pm to deliver, 3hrs worth   they sent me to help him at 6pm   it's pitch black by then, and poor Patrick didn't know this route   even me with some familiarity it was hard to deliver in the dark   Patrick hasn't been a carrier but for a year, if that   he's a great carrier but today he was having one of his worse days as a carrier   i assured him it wasn't him, this was typical management here and 'welcome to the post office'    i'm not even on the overtime list and they had me helping him    so i put in a 10hour day today with no lunch....so for dinner, i'm having coffee with some Bailey's regardless how late it is   and on an empty stomach   i need something to wind down      kyle got home late too, so our doggies were outside for a very long day    right now they're all sound asleep   i just left a comment on my previous journal entry, that i can't even THINK about giving any of these kids up    they are my greatest treasures in life    it just breaks my heart having to depart with them    i'm going to keep looking for a place that i can keep them   the mountains would do it, but i must take care of my health first unfortunately     in the meantime, a friend from work called this morn and gave me a number for the Golden Retriever Rescue place    i will meet with the woman this sunday and introduce Max   they already informed me they can place him   it's just that i'll miss him terribly...so now, i'll go have that drink right now and enjoy watching my kids sleep....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, the thought of you having to give up your kids breaks my heart.