Friday, July 8, 2005

another hot day-ugh

this heat is killin me, but i'll live.....ok this entry is really about my neighbors   the one's i mentioned in an earlier entry   they are being really neighborly and i'm not sure how to handle it yet   i'm accustom to being alone once home except for my kids   just comin in and chillin out    it's been probably a couple decades since having such neighbors   tonight i was home about 5mins and Justin comes over with a plate of food again  Melanie his wife sent it over   they've done it before, but i'm just not accustom to people doing for me in such small ways   ok i'm doin for them too, but it's been since i was in washington state since having people around me like this   not sure it's me, or what but i haven't experienced this hospitality in such a very long time  Tjnya did give some assistance recently, but that rarely happens with her or any of my friends   no problem, i'm accustom to that   what i'm getting from these neighbors reminds me of country or southern hospitality   i don't see much of that out west here, or maybe it's just New Mexico and not the west   anyways, it's a nice change but at the moment i have my reservations   i learned recently they are on welfare, but i'm not bothered by that   just want to make sure i don't carry them   my biggest sense is they just needs friends on this block  and maybe that's all it is   but i also need my solitude of my home at times   i see these folks daily cause Justin is always knocking on my door, or at least lately   we'll see what happens   there is good in all of this   i no what my boundaries are and limits   i will maintain them   it feels good to be neighborly again.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's a way you could handle it if you don't feel up to company. Tell them if they see a certain sign (flag, flower pot, rock or a picture of some type) by your door then you aren't up to company at that moment....that you need your down time. I have this agreement with a neighbor and she with me....it's great.  I know what you mean about being neighborly........it's been decades since people were that way. I think it's a sign we are all too busy with life!   Anne

Anonymous said...

Thanks Anne!  thanks for the suggestion for my neighbors   i'll definitely use it:-)~kbear

Anonymous said...

While it is nice to have friendly neighbors, I understand your need for downtime. It's actually amazing these days when you do find friendly ones isn't it? Kinda strange how the world is. I don't know any of our neighbors. ~ Lori