Friday, July 1, 2005

wheels!

Yep, I've got wheels!   yeah!   everything came together this morn   it may cost me tons in interest, but i've got wheels!   i'm ecstatic, but also tooo tired to enjoy the excitement   first i only had 6hrs sleep last nite which is a rare, rare, rare thing   so i'm feelin the drain now   to top it off it must have gotten 100 today again...anyways, now i'm in a family car   a Jeep Cherokee  perfect for me and my dogs since there wasn't a truck available   well they had one, but i didnt have enough down for that  my new used jeep is blue too   my fav color for vehicles, light blue   it looks new for a 98 and i'm a happy camper right now:-)   i won't go on a road trip this weekend nor buy any Springsteen cds for all my extra money went to my new wheels   i am sooo relieved  it was more stressful not having a car than having bills piled up to pay  that's a new one on me   the only thing not workin is the cruise control but i will have that fixed   i've learn to love my cruise control for freeway drivin back & forth to work as well as long road trips   drivin is less stressful with it  the tires look brand new also which means i won't have a flat in the near future-an experience with buying used vehicles   now i'll just work a bit more overtime to pay off a few bills   plus i was surprised today to discover my credit rating wasn't as bad as i originally thought   that makes me very happy too   still have some credit cards to pay off, but that will come soon enough  plus this is a car i can take weekend trips like to the four corners area and all around new mexico as i've been wanting   this is a very good thing in the long haul   the only bad thing that happened today was i almost got bit by a dog which came out of nowhere and from my backside   for the first in over a dozen years, i sprayed a dog   i sprayed him  he showed his teeth, he got it and he moved on fortunately  as much of a dog lover that i am, my job has taught me there are vicious dogs out there  i've been bitten twice in my 19yr career with the p.o.   i always use dog spray as the last resort unless the dog's immediately vicious as in this case   well all in all, i'm happy   i'm back in wheels, i'm back on 'my' postal route for good, my customers are happy    it is hot as hell, but i'm Happy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOt having a car can really suck sorry if I have been absent lately....
I worked with a lady who husband was a postal carrier and got bit in the crouch and really really hurt him...He never did postal work again...
If they bite you can you file charges on the people...They should keep there dog inside or in the fence...
Donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

    Congrats! I knew you could do it.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo - that's awesome. I'd love a Jeep Cherokee myself. I'm so happy for you. My Gramps was a mail carrier & has his dog stories too. Wonder if it's the uniform or something? ~ Lori

Anonymous said...

Glad things worked out for you.  Anne