Monday, July 18, 2005

just a note

i wanted to comment on my nephew   i'm enjoying his company tremendously   when he first called and asked if he could come here, i wasn't sure what to expect in regards to him   my family is dysfunctional and i don't see them much   my nephew was basically raised by my mother and i know my mother   so i had no idea how he would turn out to be as a young man   i'm quite surprised and happy for he is a wonderful young man   he has his rebellious side, but he's his own person   i'm happy for that, very happy   we sat and chatted over pizza on friday nite about his childhood a bit   he has a good sense of himself and know he has caused problems at times   but this kid is really genuine   he has his problems with most of the family members, like i did at his age   but he's happy and know his direction(s) in life  that's all that's important   he told me i'm the only one in the family happy for him and Nicole gettting married  i told him not to worry about the family that he is to do what makes him happy  that's his decision, not theirs   i'm very happy he's here and that i've gotten to know him   i haven't agreed with all that my mother in raising him, but that's my mother   he's done well in spite of it all   he'll be in the area for 3more years and we look forward to doing more things together, site seeing, traveling, camping and such   his arrival has been a great thing for me too:-)....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats great you getting to visit with your nephew...Sorry its been hot for you...I have had this crappy migraine i can't get rid of...
I was watching the travel channel with my hubby and they were talking about new mexico I thought of you..
Donna In tEXAS

Anonymous said...

Funny, you never know when life is going to throw you a pleasant surprise!


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you (finally) have family close by!
Candace