Thursday, July 21, 2005

i met a guy....

i met a guy tonite, but this wasn't the first time i had actually met him   i'll call him Romes for that was what he called himself initially   only a few days ago i discovered his true name   anyways,  it's been 6months or longer since the first and only time i saw him    i had forgotten who i was really talking with the past few days and went and met him tonite at his place   i've been having my reservations, but figured that would be with any guy   nothing personal, it's just been forever since really dating anyone   a few years now   anyhows, i meet him and he's been drinking and a gentleman he wasn't......i came home almost immediately and told my nephew to remind me not to go out with him again    there was a very brief moment in my life i thought it would be nice to have some fun and not get into a serious relationship with anyone   tonite i was reminded of who i am, and i just Can't, Won't, Refuse to lessen my standards   it's not me   call me old fashion, but i'd rather be old fashion with my values than someone's piece of art....there's someone out there for me   Russ hasn't been in touch so i've let him be and not contacted him...i have plenty of time to meet that special someone   i've lived alone now for over a decade and a little while longer is not going to hurt   besides, i have my nephew for company too....remind me to always listen to my instincts   i didn't before i went over to 'Romes', but i'm fine  no harm done....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

    All right, Kbear. If you can't respect yourself, no one else will. If he can't tell you the truth about his name, think of what else he's hiding.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got out of there with only feathers ruffled. And for putting yourself first. ((hugs)) ~ Lori