Friday, July 8, 2005

waiting....

i sit   waiting  for my nephew & co to arrive   it's way past my bedtime and i'm not sure how much longer to wait up for them    initially they were to be here approximately 1pm this afternoon   2hrs later i called him and they were still in Las Cruces checkin' out the fort    i think he even mentioned they may not make it   he'd said he call  which he did   about 4:30pm this afternoon he said they'd probably be headed this way in a half an hour   they were in El Paso which borders the NM and Texas stateline    i don't know how long it is from El Paso to here so i added a couple hours to the 4 from Las Cruces   with that calculation and assuming they left at 5pm, they should be here   but no phone call yet   i called them moments ago only to get voice mail   i left a message...anyways, once i hit the sack nobody, i mean nobody can wake me for the first 2-4hrs of my sleep   not even my dogs barking   i learned this a few years back when my sister arrived in the middle of the night   i stayed up for as long as i could   they arrived within those critical hours for me and had to stay in their car til i did wake....now i don't know what to do dammit!   i'm suppose to work manana....a simple phone call will do.....anyways, i decided to begin reading one of those several books i bought awhile back    rediscovering that i have "Emerson's Essays", i opened it and read the intro & biographical notes    while reading that, i wondered if i'm studying the wrong subject (criminal justice)   my spiritual readings does enormous wonders for me   my Soul is sooo alive while doing so   Ralph Waldo Emerson's writings, poetic and philosophical, his thinking are some of the bases from which Science of Mind, religious science, my church are founded upon   just reading the intro and bio notes, my mind is ignited with questions, thoughts, ideas stimulating me into growing already again    there is intellect in life, but my spiritual journey always moves me beyond it   there is much to the unseen in life   that interconnectedness with all Life ....and God...and my Soul stirs...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I've never really had the opportunity to really get into reading Emerson, except for some in high school. Which I do remember enjoying. Maybe I'll have to go see what B&N might have for me. Hope your nephew got there OK! ~ Lori

Anonymous said...

Eventually on your journey your questions will be answered. You'll probably figure out you are fated to be tap dancer on Broadway or something totally unexpected. Life is full of surprises. : )
Candace