Monday, August 18, 2008

easy mornin'

There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.-Carl Jung


easy like sunday mornin'...and so it is here with me this monday morn   a cup of brew, watchin the Olympics in silence while listening to a little music   good for the soul     just killin' time which really doesn't exist while awaiting on the load of laundry before i head out the door for a hike today   guess i'm in a sage mood for now    i did pick up a book last nite and began to read, How to Know GOD, by Deepak Chopra   i had began it awhile back   i'm in a better perspective to read it at the moment   it is good for me to take breaks from the "spiritual" material and just Be   everything and everyone is spiritual   it is and we are not separate from The Source   and although i prefer metaphysical teachings, sometimes good ol fashion spirituality is good as well   i wanted to share another music video this morn, but the embedding was not available by request   it's Brooks & Dunn Believe   it reminds of a gospel song and the words ring true "I believe there's more to this"  or something like that   and so I know there's more to this Life than what's obvious...sometimes i think my calling is to be a minister   that remains to be seen   i love my photography as well, but the "spiritual" rocks my world too    as time unfolds, moment by moment, answers will reveal themselves and i will believe in myself completely again....

p.s.  the above photo i did take   i love black & white  it was my first love in photography falling in love with Ansel Adams   this photo was takennot so long ago   doing so i learned the newer expense of b&w=it's very costly nowadays   but from time to time, i will still do b&w via old fashion printing   i may explore converting my color digitals to black & white, but there's nothing like good ol fashion film   as i just read, b&w show the emotions in the photo more   i soooo agree   that i learned long time ago in my first photography classes   so much you can capture....     

Life is just a chance to grow a soul.-A. Powell Davies

  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

 I love old B & W.  It doesn't covert quite the same using digital.  Usually has to be tweaked to look good.  It was especially good on heavy matte paper.  I like good old gospel belting out with soul also at times.  Does my heart good.

                       Julie

Anonymous said...

I love black and whites also and am a lover of Ansel Adams.  Anne

Anonymous said...

that's an awesome picture you took!! my son took a photography class his last year of high school where every picture taken was black and white with film they learned to develop themselves; it was really neat to see the quality of his pictures improve over the semester

betty

Anonymous said...

    I agree about B&W. It's a thoroughly different world. And I love Ansel Adams. Becki is taking Photography this year.
Jude
http://Journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture and quotes hon. Life is indeed just a chance to grow a soul - yours is a loving and compassionate one. (hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

I think you are a minister now
Love
Marti