Saturday, August 30, 2008

saturday nite...

   a 10hr day at work today    haven't done that in awhile   i was definitely ready to leave at my scheduled time although my co-worker was going to be by herself for an hour   i went in an hour early so another co-worker wouldn't be by himself    made for a long day, but i made it thru   just don't tell my doc   it won't be a constant happening anyways   every once in awhile won't hurt....so Louise, one of my baseball buddies, called for me to attend the UNM Women's Volleyball match tonite   initially i said yes, but then i called back later and changed my mind   by 4:30 this afternoon i was beat   some how i manage to make it to 7pm my end tour for the day    i really would have liked to have gone to the volleyball match, but i was really ready to come home and just chill   put a college football game on, but i'm not even paying attention to it yet   will kick my feet up here soon and relax...the best thing that happened today was my landlord came over and put in my new kitchen garbage disposal   i bought it, he put it in    least i could do since i've been late for rent too many times   they're patient and understanding, but i will get it back on track soon   i will also do a few other things to this place all in time and once i have my finances straighten out    i absolutely hate the kitchen counters   so a few years down the road i may put in new counters and/or new cabinets as well   i foresee me living here a very long time, unless i decide to find a house to rent   but that would mean more projects i'd do which is one of the reasons i got out of home ownership   i LOVE being a home owner,but i spend ALL my money on home improvements   now living in an apartment i spend that money on road trips and adventures   more play time   i LOVE travelling too and until i win the lottery, this apartment is PERFECT for me.....anyways, a little improvement here will go a long way for me   just my kind gesture in gratitude for them being patient with me and allowing me to live here with my 2 dogs   will probably rebuild the fence outside too   that'll probably be next   i just making this place my HOME SWEET HOME!!!    anyways, that's it for tonite   i'll catch ya again soon....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

    You definitely have a nice landlord. I remember before you moved how you used to do all these projects on your own. Now that's really cool. I like to travel, too. You're right. Home ownership does constrict those activities.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay