Thursday, June 16, 2005

Into the West

ok   a quick note on this series   first i was just reading the message boards in response to this series   it is diverse as America is   those favored and those opposed  given Spielberg put this series together i have no doubt it will give us a better reflection today than other series before it   i have an interest in the Native American culture   it's been inspired by being in a state full of Native Americans and the fact my grandfather was Cherokee with a bit of Choctaw   i desire to trace his heritage one day and other Native American history   although i wasn't raised on a reservation, it has always been in my heart compassion for our Native Americans  our visit to the Great Smoky Mtns in my youth, i got to dance with the Indians in the mtns  I love their spirit and maybe this is where i get my Free Spirit from   once i finish school, studying my heritage and more will be my direction   it will be a great journey to see how far i can get in our history   i have a Dream Catcher in my car  there are Native American art i desire to collect and weave into my living room   i consider myself a white girl or woman, but my heart desires to know my complete heritage   and there may be some Indian heritage on my mother's side as well   one day i will know...anyways, back to this series   i did see the first 2hr epsiode last weekend  it's off to a good start  2d episode begins this weekend   it's a six week series and i highly recommend it   History has its story   don't miss it....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw this series last week. I can't wait to see the next one.   Anne