Monday, June 27, 2005

tea is the brew...

...this morn   haven't had a cup a tea in quite awhile   that used to be my only brew until about 15yrs ago when i began drinking coffee   i couldn't hang with the thought of folgers this morn  i know i'm spoiled by starbucks, but what can i say.....anywho  today i hope to have some direction regarding my wheels   i have 3 irons in the fire and just must wait and see which one pans out   i know this is only a temporary situation, but it's a little frustrating   not much, but a tad .....if i haven't mentioned, i'm expecting to hear from the VA anyday now regarding my disability increase   i should get a lump sump from the time i initially began the package plus the monthly increase   i'll take the lump sump and purchase a better used vehicle  had other plans for it, but with this situation arising i realized i must get a better vehicle sooner than later   so i'm anxious for the day to unfold and see what pans out    if i have wheels by this next weekend, i'm going for a drive   even if it's only a couple hours out on backroads, i need the break   i'd really like to head up to the 4corners area   that's about 4hrs away   just must wait and see...i'm actually happy with how i've been handling this stress   pretty calm about the whole thing, but recently i realized i do have a calm demeanor about things   not sure where i got it from, maybe childhood, but i remember it even in my late teens early twenties while in the military   a peer commented on it too  first time i had noticed it actually...one thing while walking everywhere but work, it has slowed me down not just literally but internally    stores are all within walking distance from my house and it's kinda like when i was a kid walking everywhere   and there was the time with a lover who refused to share the car, i got around on bicycle, bus or walking    guess i just know how to survive it all   it's almost a piece of cake   definitely teaches more appreciation of what one has in the world   i'm not angry with myself for losing my truck   i know how i've been the past 6months   my depression teaching me to slow down even more than before   it was time for changes, just wasn't expecting this one...all in all, i am well and happy   i have the gift of today and moments to enjoy   i have my dogs who love me to death and brings me joy, love & happiness....Life is Good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will  pray that you get your disability. I am in the process of my first appeal. My doctors said I il never be able to work again but SS said I could. I got a lawyer this time . I should have been eligable in  July But then I hear they turn most people down the first time. Good luck !
.............................Kasey

Anonymous said...

Hang in there....better days ahead.  Anne

Anonymous said...

One day at a time. You'll make it.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay